Monday, August 11, 2008

Temple Open House

The boys and I joined the girls youth group from our church and car pooled to a new temple in our area for the LDS temple open house. They have tours through the newly erected temple for a couple of weeks before the dedication. After that, only church members are allowed to go in. It was beautiful. My boys really enjoyed it--especially the baptismal font and the cookies at the end of the tour! I had to agree that the cookes were delicious. Leon Parsons did some the painting on the walls inside and it was unbelievable! What a gifted artist!!!

Afterwards we went a park close by and had a picnic and headed home. Here's a couple pictures from the temple grounds.


2 comments:

Louis said...

Oh, I just love those boys!! They are so darling! I love you, too. That picture of you guys turned out great.

David and Deena said...

I found your blog on Taneil's. Our website is www.davidachristensen.com then once in go to our "family" and find our "blog". Your family is darling!