Thursday, August 28, 2008

Berry Pickin'


About 45 minutes from our house, we have an amazing 4 wheeler trail that takes us to a most delicious wild raspberry patch. Last year the bears had eaten most of them before we got to them. It had been so dry it drove the bears down closer to the reservoir. But this year they were growing bountifully because of the heavy rain and snowfall last winter. We took the family up and picked to our heart's (and tummy's) content. We left with not a few scratches and cuts from the thorns on those vines. They are brutal. But we decided it was worth it and will definitely check out the patch next year. I came home and made fresh raspberry jam. It was 'descrumptious' as Hunter says. Then, behind the scenes, I had some fun getting raspberry stains out of all our clothes...

1 comment:

chats said...

how the holy crapoly did you find me? I love you! I have to run, but there is more of me coming...soon, very soon.