Saturday, August 29, 2009

Our newest arrival



Welcome our newest addition-- Ashton Thomas who was born August 22 @ 11:43 a.m. He weighed 8 pounds and was 20 1/2 inches long. We named his Thomas after Ryan's family. It is a 5 generation family name. And also after Thomas Jefferson. Ryan and I have been studying the founding fathers and have been so grateful for his contribution to our freedoms.

I went natural for this birthing experience. With a midwife and all. I had the baby and 5 hours later was driving home. An let me just say one word for all of you expectant mothers out there... EPIDURAL!!!!! I've used them with my first 3 children but thought I'd test my toughness index with #4 and although I lived through it, I wouldn't ever, no never, no never ever EVER do it the old fashioned way again.
But, Ashton is beautiful and healthy, and we are so blessed to have him in our family. I am really enjoying him. I had forgotten how delightful newborn poop smells. So much better than 2 1/2 yr. old poop.

Teagan is struggling with getting the boot as the baby. Hunter and Connor are enjoying him, but especially that grandma and grandpa are helping take care of them for the first 2 weeks.


6 comments:

Jenn said...

CONGRATULATIONS you guys! He's adorable! It's so fun to see what you are up to and all that you are doing. I LOVED the custome dinner.....marvelous idea. I hope you are well and life is wonderful. And even though you have 4 little boys, can't we bump up the blogging frequency to quarterly?!?!? :o)

Tammy Jensen said...

Beautiful boy and beautiful family!

Taneil said...

Tara -
Congrads! I didn't know you were pregnant again and a boy!!!! I always thought you'd make a great boy mom!!!! NO drama!!!! Love you

Heather said...

He is SO adorable!!!

Sister said...

Loved talking to you yesterday. We need about 3 full days to catch up and solve the world's problems;). I will always love Tara. Cute little guy. I applaud you for going natural.

Heather Williamson said...

Cute pictures! Love you guys!